Masala Soya Chaap is very popular in the South Asian countries specially India and Pakistan. It is a pure vegetarian recipe and made up of processed Soya bean. Due to its non-vegetarian looks and protein rich contents Masala Soya chaap is very popular and taken as a alternative by vegetarian, especially young generation.
Health Benefits/issues of Soya: Soya has been very popular and talked about its cheap and high quality protein source, especially for vegetarians. However, many studies have found out its health issues like obesity, thyroid etc. Read More…
Masala Soya Chaap Recipe :
- Soya Chaap – 800 gm (4-5 serve)
- Curd – 1 cup
- Onion – 2-3 as per size chopped in small pieces
- Tomato – 3-4 chopped in small pieces
- Coriander leaves and Suri(Kasuri) Methi
- Green Chilly as per taste
- Garlic cloves – 3-4 as per taste
- Ginger as per taste
- Raw spices – cinnamon, cloves, cardamom 4-5 pieces and 1 tea spoon cumin
- Coriander powder – 2-3 spoon
- Soya Chaap Masala – 2-3 spoon
- Kashmiri red chilli powder – 2 spoon
- Cumin powder – ½ tea spoon
- Turmeric powder – ½ tea spoon
- Salt as per taste
Marination Process :
- Wash raw Soya Chaap in the water preferably in the running water and squeeze it.
- Remove the sticks of the Soya Chaap
- Now cut the Soya Chaap into small pieces as shown in the video
- Heat 3-4 table spoon of vegetable oil in the pan to shallow deep fry the cut pieces of Soya Chaap.
- Take out the Soya Chaap in tissue paper when it becomes golden brown in colour.
- Sprinkle Soya Masala, salt and curd in the fried Soya Chaap.
- Mix it well and leave it for 20 minutes in the cool place for margination
- Put tomatoes, garlic, ginger and green chilly in the mixer jar and grind it to make tomato puree.
- Again heat the oil 3-4 table spoon and shallow fry onion cut pieces.
- Saute and fry onion till it becomes deep golden brown.
- Make a paste of fried onion with mixer jar.
- Again take a big pan and heat 2-3 spoon oil.
- Put all the raw spices into the heated oil.
- After few seconds put all the tomato puree into the pan.
- Cook the tomoto puree for 5-10 minutes
- Add the remaining powdered spices in the puree and mix it well.
- Add little water if too dried pure and cook for few minutes.
- Add onion puree in the mix of tomato puree.
- After few minutes add marinated Soya Chaap in cook for 5 minutes with the tomato pure mix
- Add water as per the consistency or curry reqired.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes then add fresh cream with Suri (Kasuri) Methi
- Masala Soya Chaap is ready.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve it.